When you hear the phrase triple threat most may refer to someone who excels in three skills of a particular category. In this article I will use triple threat as a representation of stress, worry and anxiety. Stress is the way the mind and body respond to a given challenge. Anxiety is inner turmoil that causes uneasiness and fear. Worry is disturbing thoughts that cause doubt, fear and torment of oneself. Most do not realize how dangerous the three can be on your overall mental, physical and emotional health. If you examine the three all coincide; so more often than not one may experience all three.
We all have stressors that we are challenged with daily. Some we release effortlessly and some we allow to manifest in your mind and body. When stress is hoarded, it begins to fester and cause negative energy in the body. Negative energy causes worry, anxiety, sickness mood swings, relationship issues, comprehension, low sex drive etc. Learning to release stress, worry and anxiety regularly can prevent stored negative energy and allow positive energy to flow easily throughout the body. There are five action tips that I encourage to try in order to release triple threat.
- Avoidance: Avoiding the cause of your stress. Not identifying the root of the problem can cause more stress and eventually irritability and agitation. Avoidance will not make the problem go away nor will it help in anyway.
- Exercise: Exercising regularly is a great way to release negative energy. Releasing hot air through your mouth and replacing it with fresh air through your nose increases energy and clears pathways. Sweating out toxins allows more room for positive energy.
- Healthy Eating: Choose foods regularly that promote healthy living. Fat, sugar and sodium takes longer to digest and if your body is at a high level of stress can slow down your metabolism; especially if you do not workout regularly. Stress can also increase or decrease your appetite which can cause weight gain or loss.
- Talking Outlet: Choose someone or group that you can share your thoughts and stressors to. Talking to someone else can give you a different perspective on the situation, solutions, advice and previous experiences with similar content. Talking is a great way to reduce stress.
- Connectivity: Staying connected to your higher power and spirituality is so important when avoiding and releasing stress, worry and anxiety. Giving your higher power the burden of stressors allows you to focus on the things that are positive in your life.
Staying connected with the fruit of the spirit will not allow negative energy to occupy space in the body for a prolonged period of time.